Playing scratch off tickets online is one of the easiest ways to win money. You don’t have to spend time choosing numbers or using strategies to win. All you have to do is reveal hidden symbols or numbers and then check your results to see if you’ve won.
There are many ways you can check if you’ve won prizes from your scratch off tickets, especially if you’ve played through online sites. In this post, we’ve provided a quick guide to help you check your scratch offs for prizes so you never miss out on claiming your rewards.
Checking Scratch Offs Online
If you have a laptop or PC and an internet connection you can easily check the official website of the scratch off you have for your results. There are lottery websites where you can play scratch-offs and you can check these sites for your results instantly. This means you don’t have to wait for results like you do with lottery draws.
To use scratch off websites you may have to sign up for the platform so you can log in securely every time you want to check your scratchcards.
How to Check Scratch Offs with a Mobile Phone
The most common way to check scratch off tickets without going to a registered outlet is through various mobile phone apps. Every scratch off has a unique barcode to make it easier for lottery companies to track them. Simply use the mobile app to scan your ticket’s barcode to see if you’ve won. Here is a step-by-step guide to assist you:
- Download an app – Find a ticket scanner that’s specific to the ticket you bought. For example, if you’ve played a Texas Lottery scratch-off, then you must download the app specific to that brand. You can use other ticket scanners that are not specific to the lottery brand. Make sure these scanners are legitimate.
- Register on the app – You may be asked to sign into the app with a username and password.
- Find barcode – Check your ticket for a barcode either on the front or back of your ticket.
- Find scan feature – Open your app and find the scan option. Apps differ, so browse the menu to identify where the feature is.
- Adjust mobile phone camera settings – Allow the app to gain access to your camera.
- Scan – Use the app and your camera to scan the barcode of your scratch-off.
- See results – Your results will appear on your screen.
- Claim – If you’ve won a prize you must fill in the details on the back of your scratchcard and go to your local lottery office to claim what you’ve won.
This process will work as long as the barcode is clear. If the barcode on your ticket is damaged, you’ll then need to take it to the operator’s office to see if you’ve won any prizes. Or you can take it to the store where you bought your ticket and allow a cashier to manually punch in details such as serial numbers.
More Helpful Features of Online Ticket Checkers
Depending on the online platform you’re using, you may have access to a range of helpful features such as:
- The ability to enter unique promotions
- Receiving instant updates on the latest scratch-off games
- The ability to create digital payslips
- Online security to protect your personal details
- Notifications or reminders to scan your scratch off
Choose a ticket checker that has all the features you’re looking for. You can find scratchcard scanners on Google Play or through the Apple store. Make sure the scanner has extensive security features and is licensed to prevent fraud.
Now that you know what scratch off online checkers or scanners are all about, you can use these online platforms to skip the queues at ticket vendors. Another advantage of a scratchcard scanner is that it reduces the risk of errors. These platforms scan the exact numbers on a barcode without leaving out details so you can get accurate information.
It’s a fast and reliable way to find out if you’ve won any exciting prizes and you can do it all in the comfort of your own home.
Can you claim a prize if your lottery ticket is damaged?
You may still be able to claim a prize from the lottery but it will depend on the extent of the ticket damage. Check if the serial number is still intact because the ticket can then be validated and even reprinted if the number is visible. Be ready to provide all the information you can to validate your purchase.
Can you know if a scratch off is a winner, without scratching?
There are certain ways you can see if a scratch off is a winner without revealing what’s on it first. Some people claim that you can tell if a scratchcard is a winner by looking at the sequence of the barcode number. However, this method may not work for all scratch cards.
How long do you have to claim a scratch off prize?
The grace period for claiming prizes from scratchcards will depend on the game you’re playing and the region you live in. For example, prizes from instant win games like scratch offs must be claimed in 180 days in the UK, and the US. In Australia, you have up to 1 year to claim a prize.
How do you claim a scratch off ticket prize?
The process of claiming your prize may differ depending on the country you live in. Generally, you have to provide proof of identity and visit your national lottery office to claim prizes. Once your identity has been verified you’ll receive the prize you’ve won.
Can you check scratch off tickets without a website or app?
Yes, you can but you’ll have to visit your nearest scratch off ticket vendor and use a scanner. Or a cashier will scan your ticket for you. There are no live draws on TV for scratch cards like there are for lottery tickets, so visiting a vendor is the only way to check if you’ve won a prize.
Can You Check Scratch Off Tickets 24/7?
If you’ve bought your ticket from a vendor, you’ll only be able to get your ticket scanned by a cashier when the store is open during operating hours. If you’re using an online platform you can scan your ticket no matter what time of the day it is.
Can You Check Second Chance Tickets Online?
Yes, you can check your scratch off for second chance games using the same scanning method. Some websites such as the Oregon Lottery may even give you a list of all your second-chance entries.